We may earn affiliate commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
If you are looking for Brother SE400, it is discontinued by the Brother. There is a newer version of this: Brother SE600.
If you like sewing and doing embroidery work, then Brother SE 400 is the right machine for you.
It works as a sewing and embroidery machine, perfect for making one of a kind gift, personalizing linens or adding monograms on clothing. Further, it is one of the most dynamic and multi functional machines available in the market today.
What you can do with Brother Se400:
Brother SE400 is a computerized combination machine that allows you to do embroidery and sewing within your budget.
- If you are embroidery person and variety inspires you then you will love the 67 sewing stitches offered by brother se400. It also gives you the ability to use 98 stitch functions for the embellishment of home decor and clothes.
- Monogramming and embroidery become fun for you with the five letters fonts and seventy decorative designs provided by this machine.
- LCD touch screen display that allows you to access designs, view tutorials and control design editing features.
- Seven point feed dogs helps you take control over fabric so you can stitch with great precision.
- Brightly lit workspace, particularly in the needle area helps you focus on task.
Here are the reasons why this sewing and embroidery machine is worth buying for.
- It allows you to personalize your work, making any clothing, linen or any other fabric reflect your own personality and style. It also encourages more creativity since you get to imprint any embroidered designs of your choice.
- The automatic needle threader and thread cutter gives nothing but ease and convenience.
- It comes with a USB cable allowing you to connect the machine to a computer and import and transfer embroidery designs directly on the sewing machine.
- It is compact, lightweight and portable, enabling you to bring the machine anywhere you go. This means you can work anywhere too.
- The machine is very easy to use and despite being lightweight, it is sturdy and stays in place every time you sew.
- You can sew different types of fabric so you are not limited to just one or two materials.
- Aside from the different types of decorative stitches, the sewing machine also comes with a variety of feet e.g. buttonhole foot, zipper foot, monogramming foot and many more.
Despite its great features, there are minor issues with Brother SE400 machine.
- The embroidery area is not spacious enough since you are limited to 4” x 4” designs. There are so many designs that are more than this which needs to be resized if you really want to use it. Although, space may be ideal only for beginners.
- Brother SE 400 like brother CS6000i only supports 120V AC. If you live in a country that doesn’t support 120V AC don’t go for it.
In summary, the Brother SE400 is a perfect tool for home sewers and starting designers. At an affordable price, you can get a quality and reliable embroidery and sewing machine in one. It may not be a perfect machine but it’s definitely worth every penny.
Se400 is discontinued by the Brother. There is a newer version of this machine: Brother SE600.